Thursday, January 19, 2012

Wednesday, January 18

I spent three days organizing my ribbon. The system I was using had outgrown it's space. I had wound the ribbon onto cards and filed them in a drawer. Then I had baskets holding longer yards of ribbon on spools. I also had another basket with scraps of ribbon too small to wind around the cards. It was all working just fine until I wanted to add any new ribbon to the collection. I saw an ad for Ribbon Rings. Basically it's a ring that opens so you can put these plastic cards on them. I attached the ribbon to the plastic holders and hung them on four rings. At first I was putting every ribbon I had on the cards, then I soon realized that I didn't like about half of the ribbons. So I stopped what I was doing and purged out all of the ribbons I didn't want. I'll donate them to the Crop on the Cape in March. I still have more ribbon that I could possibly use. I'm going to make a real effort to include more ribbon on my layouts for the Crop in March.

No comments:

Post a Comment