Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Turning 50 wasn't so bad afterall......


Happy Birthday to me! Wow, what a weekend. Jeff and Becky have been plotting and scheming for six weeks. The big surprise was...on Thursday Becky flew in from Lansing to spend the weekend with us to celebrate my 50th birthday. I can't believe the two of them kept it a secret for so long. I didn't have a clue! Jeff, Nick, Becky and I spent the weekend on the Cape and Martha's Vineyard. It was excellent weather, the food was fantastic and the company was super! They had the whole weekend planned except for the one stop in Hyannis that I sneaked in. We stopped at a scrapbook store that I had found on the internet. Colorful Creations. It was a very nice store. Loved it. Becky & I bought some goodies to scrap our mini vacation with and walked away wishing that we lived in town so we could visit it on a regular basis. We finished off the weekend with a night in New Port, RI. We dined on the wharf and walked a portion of the Cliff Walk mansion tour. Back home Sunday afternoon for Nick's baseball game. Afterwards, Jeff grilled burgers and hot dogs. We relaxed on the deck and savored the end of a fantastic weekend. Thanks for making my 50th birthday very special. Now I have 2 years to start planning Jeff's 50th birthday celebration. It's going to be difficult to top what they did for mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment